Sunday 20 January 2013

Colour Palette


These were my first ideas of what colours I should use within my magazine as they are stereotypically feminine and tie in with the initial thoughts and feelings about the audience for my magazines - females 16-24. 

I would use these colours as a background for my front cover, as I can ensure it is eye catching and bold, as well as appealing to the audience. I realise the view that it is possible to attract females with the colour pink/purple is stereotypical and outdated, however I only mean to use the background as a bright and bold canvas in which the photo of my model will either contrast or compliment. 

I will then use another colour within my models make up and/or outfit to add to the 3 colour palette, adding more tones and shades to my front cover. Skin tone will also add to the colour palette, due to my intention to include a close up mid shot of the model, so their face is the focal point of the front cover. 

White text will then be used on the front, as it will stand out against the dark and bold background, ensuring the audience can read the text and can find out what is in the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment