Friday 8 February 2013

Completed Mock



I have completed my front cover, contents and double page spread using Photoshop and i have included photo's of my cover model as well as photo's i've taken at festivals and of friends in the past.
I like the basic front cover as Clash's influence means it's simple and not overcrowded with fonts and pictures of other artists, which ties in with the data collected from my audience survey; as they said they liked covers that weren't too busy.
I also like the purple background and how it compliments the outfit "Hazel Grace" is wearing as i took idea from my past cover attempts and stuck with a matching colour scheme, not a contrasting one. I like the font (i have used 'Ever After') as it reminds me of fonts used for book titles such as The Great Gatsby - old, vintage and show-like, which ties in with my theme.

If i could improve the contents page i would add more writing and quotes that would give the reader more information of what they would find on which page, as i feel it's too bare and not in enough detail to engage and entice the reader; however, i feel the 'subscribe today' in the bottom right hand corner stands out and draws the reader in, as they might like to find out about subscribing to the magazine.
I have added things to the magazine that the audience who participated in the survey said they would like to see, as this means it would appeal to the target market. I have added things such as reviews and concerts/gigs as these were specifically asked for by the survey participators.

For my double page spread i have used the gradient tool for the background, as it looks like a professional magazine and adds depth to the page. However, i'm not sure that the blue text is bold enough for it to be easy to read, but i have used the same colour for the quote at the beginning; as it has been taken from Hazel Grace's shirt.

When designing the left hand page of my double page spread i styled in in the same way as the Zooey Deschanel Allure shoot, which many other magazines and models have done too. I think it works well, however i am going to wait for feedback before deciding on whether i am going to use the same layout for my final version.


2 comments:

  1. What Went Well... The layout and colour schemes are really good, they all really go well together!
    Even Better If...there were more information on the cover on the left, to match the right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WWW: Colour pallette is really good and Photos on double page spread are interesting! :)
    EBI: if the barcode was slightly smaller because i think it draws too much attention :)

    ReplyDelete