Wednesday 13 February 2013

Evaluation of Research

From looking at different magazine covers, contents and double page spreads i found what style and type of magazine i wanted to create, due to personal preference, and which layouts i thought were most eye catching and nice to look at, therefore more appealing to the public. I also analysed clash magazine as a whole, and i then chose to base my magazine on a similar layout to that one, as i thought it was professional and simple. I also took background ideas from Clash and experimented with contrasting and similar colours, as i then discovered what each style looked like. For my mock magazine i chose to use a similar colour scheme, so the models outfit would tie in with the background but still stand out from it. 

I originally created a vintage themed mood board, but have since then developed my magazine into something a bit more indie, to suit the target audience, as i found from the survey the genres most commonly listened to are indie and alternative. I still kept elements of the vintage theme when choosing outfits for my models, as i also included this influence in my magazine pitch, and the feedback for that was successful. 


On this post i have analysed the results from the survey i asked my friends and followers on twitter to fill in. As an overall evaluation, i have taken what they have said into consideration when designing my mock magazine, and i will keep their comments in mind when adjusting and improving it, as well as feedback i get from Mr Ford and Miss Abrahamson. 
I discovered the survey audience didn't like crowded front 
covers but wanted to know what they could find inside the magazine. When reading interviews within the magazine they said they wanted to know about personal experience, influences, touring and recording albums etc, and when writing my interview with Hazel Grace i tried to incorporate as many of these things as i could to make it interesting and appealing to the reader. 
I also noted that the readers like posters in magazines as most teenagers (my target audience) like to put stuff on the walls on their room. I created the left hand side of my double page spread so that readers could rip it out, without there being any writing or pull out quotes covering the images, as they might not have wanted that on their wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment