Tuesday 12 February 2013

Styling my Model


I chose three different outfits for my model to try, and then selected the best photos from each of the outfits to use for the cover, contents and double page spread. I took inspiration mainly from Florence Welch, as she also has bright hair; as my model has ginger hair. The dresses in this post are not really that similar to the one 'Hazel Grace' wears in the photo, however they do contain some of the same colours, and shapes/cuts. 

I chose a pale blue shirt (top left) as her eyes were also blue, and a pale top would mean her features and hair stood out more. I also thought i could use a darker shade of blue for the  background of my cover, so the image and clothing would stand out. I paired the shirt with a pair of skinny jeans, however did not take photos of them due to my vision of having a medium/close up on the cover. I used a photo 
I also chose a darker blue and white striped shirt that, like the paler blue one, ensured her features and hair would stand out. I liked this shirt better than the other one, as it was darker and had a pattern to it, therefore it was more interesting to look at and work with. 
The purple dress worked really well and i eventually used a photo on both my cover and contents page. I thought it worked well with her hair up as it looked classic and the hairstyle is also seen as being indie. I like the way it blended in with the dark purple background of my front cover as well, as i felt the image wouldn't have looked as good with a contrasting background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment